code52 started with a simple idea:
"A new coding project every week"
We want to build fun stuff in our spare time, give back to projects which need support, and create a community which is inclusive and engaging.
Who's behind this idea?
Particular goals we want to achieve:
- introduce developers to open-source projects and help them learn the ropes.
- contribute to projects across a range of technologies.
- let the community determine where to focus efforts (?).
Why a week?
We're still nailing down the details at the moment, but in particular:
- shorter timelines encourage achievable goals.
- shorter timelines reduce the incentive to procrastinate.
- more variety of projects to work on over a period of time.
How can I find out more?
You can nominate and vote for projects on our Uservoice site.
Discussions, ideas and suggestions can be posted on our TenderApp site.
And we're on Twitter!